Your summer holiday in 2018: a respite from the stress of everyday life? Meditate in beautiful surroundings at Acem’s International Retreat Centre, Halvorsbøle, in Norway.
A week-long retreat deepens your understanding of the meditation process. The practice of long meditations over several consecutive days enhances the potential benefits of meditation – and provides more energy for coping with challenges at work and at home.
International retreats are conducted in English.
- One-week International Regular Retreat, 28 July- 4 August, 2018, Halvorsbøle, Norway. Registration is open. The retreat is led by Christopher Grøndahl and Ellen Gravklev.
Regular weeklong retreats are designed to accommodate anyone with an interest in Acem Meditation – both experienced meditators and those who want to learn the technique on the retreat. For those who have already learnt Acem Meditation, a regular retreat is an opportunity to practice long meditations of 3-4 hours a day.
A typical day on a retreat consists of the following activities:
- Long meditations in your own room
- Guidance and dialogue in groups
- Evening seminars on the psychology of meditation
- Basic Acem Yoga
- Relaxing strolls – or maybe a swim in the nearby lake
– available both in winter and summer:
- One-week International Deepening Retreat 6-13 January, 2018, Halvorsbøle, Norway. Registration is open. The retreat is led by Rolf Brandrud and Christopher Grøndahl.
- One-week International Deepening Retreat 14-21 July, 2018, Halvorsbøle, Norway. Registration is open. The retreat is led by Acem’s founder Dr. Are Holen. On this retreat, simultaneous translation and guidance groups in Mandarin is offered, provided a sufficient number of participants sign up for this language.
Deepening retreats are for those who already have experience with 20-30 hours of Acem Meditation at the 3-hour level (corresponding to a week-long regular retreat), and who would like to try even longer meditations. On deepening retreats, you meditate for 6 hours a day or longer.
By registering and paying before the early bird fees expire, 1 December and 1 June, you can save 150 Euros. By signing up for shared transport no later than two weeks prior to the retreat, you avoid the cost and hassle of finding alternative transport from the airport to the retreat centre. Even if you miss both deadlines, you are still welcome to participate – until the retreat is fully booked.