You can choose from a number of different types. On some retreats you can stay for a weekend (or even shorter), on others you stay for a whole week (or even longer). On regular retreats you learn to practise meditations of 3-4 hours a day (or shorter), while on deepening retreats you meditate for 6 hours a day (or longer). International retreats are in English (often with translation into other languages), while national retreats are usually in the local language.
The dates for next year’s international weeklong retreats are:
- International Summer Retreat of Acem Meditation 9-16 July, 2011, Halvorsbøle, Norway (download brochure)
- International Deepening Retreat of Acem Meditation 16-23 July, 2011, Halvorsbøle, Norway
Other upcoming weeklong retreats include India 23-30 October, 2010, Taiwan 25-30 Nov, 2010 (Chinese), Spain 24-30 July, 2011 (Spanish), Germany 30 July – 6 August, 2011 (German, held in Norway), and a number of different retreats in Norway and Sweden.
The dates for some upcoming weekend retreats include:
- Spain: 15-17 October 2010, Barcelona (language: Spanish)
- Spain: 22-24 October 2010, Alicante (Elche) (language: Spanish)
- Netherlands: 5-7 November 2010 and 25-27 March 2011, Hall (language: English/Dutch)
- UK: 4-6 March 2011, Bournemouth (language: English)
- Germany: 11-13 March 2011 (language: German)
In addition come a number of retreats in Scandinavia, India and other countries. Check local web pages.